Blood cancers are a bit different from other types of cancers. They don’t occur in a solid organ but in the blood itself. Cancer affects the cells present in the blood such as red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. This type of cancer affects both production and function of blood cells. This type of cancer differs from other types of cancers in their origin, symptoms, and treatment. However, top cancer hospitals in Patna have the best resources that will help you manage the symptoms and get better. Since you require comprehensive cancer care, this article will help you understand more about blood cancers and choose a hospital that can provide the best treatment and care.
Symptoms of Blood Cancer
There are several symptoms of blood cancer, but some of the most prominent ones include:
- General weakness
- Bleeding gums
- Easy bruising
- Sweating during the night
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in the armpit, neck, or any other areas.
If you experience most of these symptoms for a long time, you should visit an oncologist for further diagnosis and treatment.
Several steps are involved in the diagnosis of blood cancer.
- The doctor may start with a physical examination and look at the patient’s history.
- The oncologists in Patna will also do a complete blood test.
- Several times a bone marrow test is performed to diagnose blood cancer.
- Diagnostic images such as MRI, CT- scan, an X-ray may also be performed during diagnosis.
Depending on the age, health condition, and stage, the doctor will formulate a treatment plan. The cancer treatment in Patna may include a combination of these methods:
- Chemotherapy – Chemotherapy uses anti-cancer drugs to stop the growth of cancer cells in the body. This treatment is given in combination with other treatments to improve its effectiveness.
- Blood and bone marrow transplantation- This is one of the most intense treatments provided to blood cancer patients. Under this therapy, healthy blood and bone marrow are given to the body via fusion.
- Immunotherapy- It helps increase the natural immunity of the body and help fight cancer cells. This treatment works directly with the immune system and slows the growth of cancer cells in the body.
Blood cancer is difficult to manage alone, you need the best cancer doctors in Patna to help you during the process. Aastha Cancer Institute is among the top cancer hospitals in Patna. We house the best team of specialists who will understand your condition and provide the best treatment. If you or any of your loved ones need specialized care. Don’t hesitate to contact us.